Thursday, June 09, 2005

Open-Faced Double Strawberry Pie

I know I've been talking about it for like two weeks, but I finally found the time to make that strawberry pie tonight. It's the Open-Faced Double Strawberry Pie from Rose Levy Beranbaum's The Pie and Pastry Bible. Started with the basic pie dough that I made a week or so ago and froze. Even made a little border around the edge. Next, a layer of blended cream cheese, sour cream, and white chocolate. Then, a layer of sweetened, cooked strawberries. Finally, topped with halved strawberries and a grape (I couldn't find currant) jelly glaze. The big one is for a barbecue tomorrow night. The little one is promised to Alicia. I told you I didn't forget, Alicia!

Open-Faced Double Strawberry Pie - unbaked crust Open-Faced Double Strawberry Pie - baked crust Open-Faced Double Strawberry Pie - cooked strawberry layer Open-Faced Double Strawberry Pie - large pie Open-Faced Double Strawberry Pie - mini pie