Saturday, February 11, 2006

Chocolate Pudding

I needed to use up the rest of the milk and cream that I bought on Monday to make the ice cream, so I found a recipe for chocolate pudding in David Lebovits' The Great Book of Chocolate. I did a little tweaking of the recipe. First doubled it to use up all the milk & cream, although the recipe only called for regular milk. Instead of using 2 tsp chocolate extract or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, I doubled it by using one of each. Also replaced some of the unsweetened chocolate with bittersweet and reduced the amount of sugar. And used some egg yolks I had previously frozen, rather than crack fresh eggs. Ugh, it's a wonder it came out at all. But it did, and it's delicious. Way more chocolately than that stuff from a box.

Chocolate Pudding - ingredients Chocolate Pudding - yolk, sugar, cornstarch slurry Chocolate Pudding - melting chocolate into milk Chocolate Pudding