Sunday, January 01, 2006

Downtown Bakery Brownies and Blue Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies

When my friends Joe and Curtis (miss you guys!) were getting ready to move to Colorado, they asked for "something chocolate" for the road. I pulled out The Great Book of Chocolate and settled on recipes for Downtown Bakery Brownies and Blue Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies. Chocolate chip cookies for their homey comfort and the brownies for their bittersweet chocolate ganache-covered dark chocolate brownie chocolatiness. Did I mention they have chocolate? Of course, I had to sample everything for quality-control purposes. My camera ran out of batteries right at the end, so that last faded picture is from my cell phone. Nifty bakery box, huh? I bought some more in anticipation of belated holiday baked-good gifts.

Downtown Bakery Brownies - ingredients Downtown Bakery Brownies - melting butter and chocolate Downtown Bakery Brownies - going into the oven Downtown Bakery Brownies - baked

Blue Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies - ingredients Blue Chip Chocolate Chip Cookie dough Blue Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies Downtown Bakery Brownies and Blue Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies