Thursday, September 07, 2006

Tomato Sorbet

The last thing I'll ever make in my old kitchen. Besides toast. Yes, you read that right, tomato sorbet. Another one of those things that I just had to try after hearing about it. I got the recipe from MattBites.com, blog of an awesome food photographer. Okay, so it was supposed to be heirloom tomatoes. I forgot to go to the farmer's market, ok? I did use a few tomatoes fresh from my parent's garden. Truth be told, I wasn't super into this dish. I think the real heirloom tomatoes would have helped the flavor a lot, as would using less vinegar. It was really vinegary. Like, sweet-and-sour-sauce sorbet. I'll try it again with a few tweaks. In my amazing new kitchen! Pics coming soon.

Tomato Sorbet - ingredients Tomato Sorbet, straining puree Tomato Sorbet - mixing Tomato Sorbet - churning Tomato Sorbet - more churning Tomato Sorbet