Tuesday, June 22, 2004

I moved into a new apartment this weekend, which is my excuse for the dearth of postings lately. Love it! I'm a little worried about the half-sized oven, but I'm sure I'll manage, somehow. Eve and Sully bought me the double boiler and the angled measuring cup from my Wishlist. Thanks, guys! I will definitely be using them soon on the next experiment, which will be deciding between different [non-flourless] chocolate cake recipes, to be filled with delicious blackberry-raspberry curd (that was a happy accident!!) and coated with ganache. Tasting party on the 4th of July.

Oh, I almost forgot... I got the chance to talk to Dede Wilson, author of the cookbook I'm using for this project. She was looking for stories of people who have used the book and I was happy to provide one. She was super-nice and I was so excited to confer with an accomplished industry professional. Not a lot of pastry chefs killing time at the local pubs down here, you know? Thanks again, Dede Wilson! You're awesome!