Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Cinnamon Sour Cream Muffins

More backlog postings... this one actually took me a couple tries to remember what book it came from. Fortunately, I caught the corner of the book in the picture. Good ol' On Cooking, my culinary school textbook. Aw, I just noticed that a new edition is out. Does that mean my knowledge is officially out of date? I can't be taking out another student loan every time they update the book.

Anyway, I took a sour cream muffin recipe from the book and mixed up some cinnamon and sugar to swirl into the batter. In the picture, you can see all the assembly steps. A scoop of batter, a spoonful of cinnamon filling, another scoop of batter, and a sprinkling of streusel topping. Love the various-sized mechanical ice cream scoops for measuring out batter, btw. Highly recommended.

cinnamon muffins