Friday, September 09, 2005

White Chocolate Lime Cake Pictures

Here are the pictures for the white chocolate cake with lime. Ingredients, mixing, baking, decorating, serving. Of course, as soon as I'd brought the cake into work the next day, I remembered the whole white-chocolate-tile-mosaic decorating thing I wanted to try out, inspired by my cousin's wedding cake. No wonder I had two pounds of white chocolate left over. Where was my head that night? I even remember thinking, "Gosh this cake looks so plain. I'd better pipe a trim or something to liven it up." Well, that'll just be something for everyone to look forward to on the next cake.

Also, a quick update on my homegrown bread yeast starter... I'm not sure what went wrong, but somewhere in the refrigeration and feeding process, I think I killed it. It hardly seemed to be growing at all after I took it out of the fridge. Feeding it with extra flour and even some honey (sugar) didn't help. I started the Kalamata Olive Bread recipe anyway, but after about 36 hours of proofing time with no rise in sight, I finally let it go. I'll do a fresh starter this weekend and try the bread again soon.

White Chocolate Cake with Lime - ingredients White Chocolate Cake with Lime - adding sugar to batter White Chocolate Cake with Lime - mixing batter White Chocolate Cake with Lime - in the oven White Chocolate Cake with Lime - fresh from the oven White Chocolate Cake with Lime - assembly White Chocolate Cake with Lime - mid-frosting White Chocolate Cake with Lime - finished White Chocolate Cake with Lime - slice White Chocolate Cake with Lime - going fast